It's Just New to Me


GET READY WITH ME!

Hello po~~

For you who will attend this program, i have some suggestions about what should you prepare before. Let's check this out:
  1. Passport is a must. If you havent had your passport, make sure you take care of it a month before your flight. Dont make it in a sudden time! 
  2. You have to know your schedule from the receiving university. Usually, it'll be informed in your LoA (Letter of Acceptance). From that, you can predict the date of your round trip ticket. After you get LoA, make sure you print it out because in immigration, it will be asked by the employee. 
  3. Book your flight in Traveloka or other e commerce. But for me, traveloka is the best because they offer many promos everyday. Just make sure you always stay tune on this site to get the promos. Fyi, i chose cebu pacific airline (direct) on 18th August 2019 at 00.10 a.m.  I  just paid my round trip for less than 3 million using the promo! It's already included of the baggage; 20 kg and 32 kg. It’s pretty cheap, wasn’t it? After booking your flight, print the receipt out!   
  4. Buy some souvenirs from your city. I bought milk candies for my students and batik pouch for the teachers there. Actually it’s not a must. But I wanna give something memorable for them. 
  5. Bring the token from your sending university; mine is UPI
  6. Bring hot sauce and ketchup as many as you like!!! If you like spicy food, I suggest you to bring more bottles of hot sauce because in Philippine the foods taste so sweet; they don’t like a spicy food. 
  7. Bring noodles, shredded fried meat, fried potato, etc 
  8. Bring your own utilities
  9. Thats all😆
are you ready to go? Have a nice trip, readers :)

Okay so now i wanna share my first flight experience. Check this out🤩
Honestly, Ive never went abroad before and the Philippines is really the first country that I visited. At first, I was worried about the weather, the food, and the language because living in another country for a month is not a short time. But actually my big concern is the weather because Philippine is hotter than Indonesia and as well as rainy; I prefer to live in a cold place because my skin easily sunburned. How lucky I am, my parents strengthen me and told me to stay positive. Then they said, ‘just follow the flow because we don’t know there will be another chance for you’.  
             D days before my flight, I got nervous and my confident just disappeared. It’s yet challenging to teach students from other country and of course who have different cultures with me. Eventhough Indonesia and Philippines are in the same root, Malay but I was still nervous. Then, I remembered again what my parents told me. I convinced my self, I had to face this challenge because it’s a big chance for me to gain my knowledge in other country and I will always remember that on August, 18th 2019 is my first step to see other side of the world.

I was arrived with my friends from Indonesia, Ozza and Kusna at Ninoy Airport, Manila on that day. So we just took 4 hours from Jakarta to Manila. For your information, Ozza and Kusna are in the same university,UPY. So its only me from UPI. Back to the topic, Sir Jeremy from International Affairs Office-CLSU fetched us there and on the way to CLSU, we had have our breakfast in Chowking Restaurant. Then we asked to him, how many hours left to be in CLSU and he said that It’s still around 4 hours left. But actually I wasn’t getting shocked because I’d ever searched in google and yes CLSU is so far from Manila. I ever expected to go around Manila, as the capital city of Philippine but I’d to keep it.

When we arrived in CLSU, sir Jeremy took us to RSTC Hostel, as the place where I lived for a month. My friends and I met other Indonesian students, they’re in SEA-TVET program. After saying hello and getting know each other, we entered our room and there’re 6 beds inside. Hmm, who will be our next roommate? We’ll see~

We’re having a rest for a while and going around the campus by walking. We looked for the food and someone directed us to go to the canteen near Alumni. We’ve to be selected in choosing the food because there’re so many pork here and as a moeslim I can’t eat pork. After that, we went to Old Market to buy SIM cards. At the first, I was thinking that old market is the supermarket inside campus but when we arrived there it wasn’t true. Old Market is a place where I can find many store such us café, photocopy place, living needed, and many more. Then, we just going back to RSTC because the weather was getting hotter.




gymnasium

On the next day, we attended flag raising ceremony at 7.20 a.m in Gymnasium. There’re lecturer, staffs, and stakeholders as well. Maam Inggrid from IAO introduced us to them. I was so pleased because they’re welcoming us warmly and nicely. Beside that I’d known that CLSU held many competitions between the staffs and students in Agricultural research. They really appreciated their staff’s achievement so it made CLSU going up bigger and bigger. The ceremony was ended at 8.30 am. 

Then Sir Joel as our coordinator and Sir Gaboy as the dean of College of Education guided us to meet the vice president of CLSU, the chair of IAO, and after that we went to College of Education. Sir Gaboy told us about CLSU and Philippine. As I got from him, CLSU was established in 1907 so I can say that CLSU is one of the oldest university in Philippine. The concern of this university is in the agricultural system.  Beside that CLSU have so many colleges and primary school teacher education is under College of Education.

After that, Maam Mia as the staffs of CED fetched us to make our ID Card. Within 15 minutes, the card was done and as you can see from below. From that time, I was officially the student of CLSU for 28 days. 


my id card


In the afternoon, Sir Gaboy and Sir Emil accompanied us to meet Sir Larry B. Espiritu, Ph.D as the chief education supervisor (Curriculum Implementation Division). It’s such an honour for me to meet him. He welcomed us warmly eventhough he was so busy. At the end, we took a photo together. 




with mr larry

No comments:

Post a Comment